Sperm DNA Fragmentation Test
The Integrity of sperm DNA is being recognized as an important factor for successful reproductive outcomes. Sperm DNA fragmentation testing offers a better diagnostic and prognostic value than routine semen analysis. By using Sperm Chromatin (SCD) Test, the DNA fragmentation can be accurately measured under a conventional bright-field microscopy. The SCD test is a simple, reliable and reproducible technique.
What is DNA Fragmentation??
- DNA fragmentation is the breaking of DNA strands into pieces.
- It is estimated that 25% infertile men have higher level of Sperm DNA fragmentation.
- Approximately 10% normal Semen Analysis may have elevated levels of DNA fragmentation.
- Men with poor semen parameters have high levels of DNA fragmentation.
Consequences of DNA Fragmentation
- Causes Male Infertility.
- Unsuccessful IUI/IVF .
- Impaired rates of fertilization (both in vivo / in vitro).
- Impaired/ arrested embryo development.
- Dominant genetic diseases.
- 80% of couples with diagnosis of IDIOPATHIC infertility have sperm DNA damage.