June 22, 2019 By cloudnine
Caffeine and Fertility
Caffeine is the first thing many of us are used to consuming the first thing in the morning. Our morning teas or coffees are like a beacon of hope for the entire day. For many of us, tea or even coffee is one of the best pleasures in life not just because of the taste and alertness they provide but because of the fresh and cherishable memories we make around it. For many tea drinkers saying no to tea is like a sin, they just can’t do it!
According to studies, taking in less than 200 or 300 mg of caffeine a day is alright. However, curbing it for the sake of your baby for some time is a good thing. There are also a few studies which state that caffeine in tea and coffee helps in conception, but no research is 100% sure about that.
Extreme of anything is bad. Avoiding excess of caffeine is always recommended, especially when trying to conceive.
There are various reasons behind issues in fertility among women;
- Ovulation disorders
- Uterine or cervical abnormalities
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage
- Primary ovarian insufficiency or early menopause
- Pelvic Adhesions
- Medical conditions which arise with the absence of menstruation
- Delay in pregnancy could as well be due to one’s age. As egg production in a woman’s body keeps decreasing as she ages
Keeping oneself healthy can help in conceiving
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Prevent sexually transmitted infections
- Sleep properly during night time
- Avoiding stress and keeping oneself happy and occupied doing the right thing allows chances of conceiving
Things to avoid
- Healthy lifestyle is of utmost importance:
- Don’t smoke.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Curb caffeine.
- Avoid over-exercising.
- Avoid exposure to toxins.
If conceiving the right way is on one’s mind, it’s a good practice to consult doctors and dieticians who help patients achieve their objective of having a baby naturally with well-guided suggestions towards a healthy conception. A healthcare person should help out in such cases for sure.