A simple understanding states that sperm cells smoothly flow in the presence of the mucus produced by the female reproductive organs. If there is no or too less of cervical mucus, then the sperm cells will not be able to swim to the uterus.
Secretion of cervical mucus is different in every individual. If the flow is less, there are several ways to boost the fertility of cervical mucus by keeping the body hydrated, by eating right and by intake of supplements to make up for the essential nutrients missing in the body.
Ways to boost the fertility of cervical mucus
There are ways to increase the production of cervical mucus
Keeping the body hydrated
- The human body is made of 60% of water
- The cervical mucus is made of 96% water
- Hydrating the body by consuming drinking lots of water is the best way to boost the production of cervical mucus naturally
Consume nutritional supplements
- Hormones are regulated by fatty acids
- Increase in the blood circulation to the uterus increases cervical mucus
- If the daily diet lacks essential acids like omega 9, 6 and 3 nutritional supplements such as evening Borage seed oil, primrose oil, L-arginine should be added
Consumption of nicotine should be stopped entirely
- Nicotine reduces the production of body fluids including cervical mucus
- To conceive nicotine should be avoided entirely
Drinking grapefruit juice
- Grapefruit is a very nutritious fruit
- It increases the quantity of cervical mucus along with the texture
- Drinking grapefruit juice for a week or two before the ovulation period is beneficial in conceiving fast
A complete green vegetable diet
- An alkaline environment is compulsory for sperm cells to develop
- The more alkaline a woman’s body, the more production of cervical mucus
- Green vegetables like beans, spring onions help boost the production of cervical form
Consume Vitamin C
- Vitamin C has many health benefits
- Citrus fruits are one of the best-known sources of vitamin C
- It aids in the secretion of the cervical mucus which after vitamin consumption has a slightly watery texture
- As delicious as coffee, chocolates, ice-cream or, soda is, they are high in caffeine.
- Caffeine is not suitable for conceiving
- It dehydrates the body which will hinder the quality of cervical fluid produced
Avoid chemical based feminine products
- Scented toiletries are unhealthy for the production of healthy enzymes in the body
- They even reduce the production of cervical mucus
- It is best to use chemical-free or organic products which maintain a healthy cervical mucus
Carrot consumption helps too
- Carrot consumption help in boosting cervical fertilization
- Carrots are rich in beta-carotene
- Beta-Carotene aid in creating Vitamin A in the human body.
- Vitamin A rich foods, help in increasing the cervical mucus
it is important to have the right amount of fertile cervical mucus to increase chances of getting pregnant, there are many ways to get that. However, it is always best to consult a doctor and take proper care of oneself. After all the doctor knows best!