Will this program work for us?
IVF success rates depend on many factors, including age and health. Some women go through many rounds of IVF before they fall pregnant. For some women, IVF doesn’t work at all.
How many rounds of IVF does someone have to go through before getting pregnant?
The number of IVF cycles involved to achieve conception varies from case to case.
What is the exact cost of the entire program?
IVF is a highly skilled procedure that requires sophisticated infrastructure and considerable medical expertise. It may be paired with complementary clinical techniques to augment your chances of conception. The IVF cost varies depending on the type of cycle, the dosage needed and no. of cycle involved.
What are the Do’s for the embryo transfer process?
The Do’s for the embryo transfer process are:
- Do gather information about the entire process: Steps involved, duration, chances of successful transplantation and past records from people who did undergo the process recently.
- Routine health checkups: Routine health checkups are essential to keep your health in order.
- Consult a good Dietician: Consulting a good dietician specializing in an IVF patient diet chart will let you know which of the foods to eat and which ones to avoid.
- Get enough sleep every day: Having at least seven to nine hours of sleep every day with short naps during the pregnancy period is very important as the female body has to adjust to changes during that period of time.
- Choosing the right fertility clinic is essential: Choosing the right fertility clinic is essential for the parents and should be based on manpower, level of success over the years, level of expertise etc. The IVF stories you get to know about must be backed by evidence.
- Developing an optimistic attitude: Having an optimistic attitude whilst going through all the cycles is very essential, as it will contribute to maintaining the emotional or psychological health in an individual.
- Drinking adequate amount of water: Drinking at least 10 cups (2.3 litres) of fluid every day is very essential to maintain a healthy body. A study showed that drinking water increases the chance of pregnancy.
- Consult a Genetic counsellor: Consulting a genetic counsellor will help you understand your genetic makeup & also determine if you will be successful in the process.
- Having proper knowledge of your family history: Knowledge about your family history will let you know if there are any genetic defects or mutations that might affect the child beforehand like Fragile X syndrome.
- Pay attention to state laws: Going through state laws is essential. For example, India does not allow commercialization of surrogates.
What are the Don’ts for the embryo transfer process?
Must read – Things you should know about the IVF process
The things to avoid while going for an IVF process are:
- Going through the process by only consulting one doctor primarily.
- Smoking, heavy intake of alcohol or caffeine. Since caffeine delays the time of pregnancy, alcohol can have disabilities in the child, result in miscarriage or stillbirth.
- Taking medications, drugs or vitamin supplements without consulting your doctor.
- Having Junk foods such as chips, soft drinks etc.
- Getting exposed to extreme heat or radiation.
- Having regular diet under check- intake of fish that are high in mercury can affect pregnancy.
- Heavy exercise
- Assuming IVF is the only way
- Give up after one failed cycle
- Overextend on your estimated budget for IVF.
- Use a hot tub of the sauna after embryo transfer which could lead to miscarriage
- Listen to negative people or giving up hope this can result in alleviating stress levels.
It’s advised not to proceed without consulting doctors in each and every step of the process. Although promising for conserving the genetic characteristics is a subject still under extensive research by scientists, it is still a pretty hit-and-miss subject nonetheless.
Must read – What are the myths over IVF?